Recipients of the award may comprise a two-way (i.e., one legal department with one law firm or public interest group) or three-way (e.g., a legal department, law firm, and public interest group) partnership.
The criteria for selection are:
- a legal pro bono project that has a demonstrated impact on its community/target group;
- substantial involvement by in-house lawyers;
- tangible steps toward making the partnership sustained;
- innovative substantive and/or structural (e.g., delivery model) approaches to the effort; and
- addresses a critical legal need and/or particularly vulnerable community/target group.